Top Voice-Activated Medical Alert Systems
1. Alexa Together - Safety and Entertainment Features
What We Like Most:
- $19.99 per month
- Video calling capabilities
- Controlled through one’s voice
- In-depth features for caregivers
Offered by Amazon, Alexa Together turns your Echo device into a full-fledged medical alert system. With this service, users can contact urgent response agents, place drop-in calls to loved ones, and listen to music — all through a series of voice commands.
To make use of Alexa Together, you simply need to purchase an Echo device. We recommend the Echo Show ($129), which comes with a six-month free trial of Alexa Together. After this trial, Alexa Together costs $19.99 per month.
Once you have your Echo device set up, you can utilize a variety of commands:
- Alexa, call for help.
- This command will utilize the urgent response feature, connecting the user to monitoring agents who will assess the user’s situation and contact the appropriate help.
- Alexa, call Dad.
- This command will place a video or voice call to the contact you’ve selected, provided they also have an Echo device.
- Alexa, play disco music.
- This command will play a curated playlist of music.
Alexa’s features are highly varied; however, in our experience, the voice commands are very intuitive and easy to understand.
To learn more about the features of Alexa Together, read our Alexa Together review.
- Six-month free trial
- Video and voice calling features
- All features controllable through voice commands
- 1,000-foot range
- Optional fall detection
- Additional Echo devices required for video calls